COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kits
The FDA authorized Everlywell COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit will be available for individual purchase by the end of the month. Sign up to receive updates. Supplies will be limited to start, but we will be increasing our capacity weekly.
Sign up to stay informed
If you’re experiencing severe symptoms, such as difficulty breathing or chest pains, seek medical attention right away.
COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit
The test taker must be 18+.
Due to state restrictions, tests not permitted for use in NJ, NY, and RI.
Promotions and discounts do not apply.
Who Should Get Tested?
- Individuals (18+) who may have been exposed to COVID-19 through:
- Living or working in a place where people reside, meet or gather in close proximity (office buildings, schools, healthcare facilities, etc.)
- Close contact (within 6 ft) with someone who is sick or diagnosed with COVID-19
- Individuals (18+) who are experiencing mild symptoms including:
- A fever between 100.4 degrees F and 102 degrees F
- Flu-like symptoms (chills, runny or stuffy nose, whole body aches, a headache, and/or feeling tired)
- A new loss of taste or smell
- A new or worsening cough or sore throat
- Shortness of breath that is not limiting ability to speak
- SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus
Many destinations require negative results within a very narrow timeframe. Included in your digital results will be a printable version that you can share. We recommend that you reach out to your destination’s government for their specific requirements and timelines before making your purchase. Included in your digital results will be a printable version that you can share. You can find many answers to common questions about the collection kit and testing here.
While we are not able to provide an exact estimate of when you will receive your results, keep in mind the typical turnaround time for results. As a reminder:
- Order Delivery: we estimate that you will receive your order within 2-5 business days of placing your order. (You also have the option of purchasing expedited shipping to your home for an additional fee.)
- Returning Sample to Lab: once you ship your sample, our partner lab should receive within 1-2 business days.
- Results: results are typically available within 72 hours after the lab begins processing the sample.
If you are concerned that your schedule is too tight to allow for unforeseen delays, we recommend that you check your local government’s website for other testing resources.
The samples collected using the Everlywell COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit are meant for rt-PCR tests (a specific kind of molecular PCR test) that look for the presence or absence of unique genomic markers of the SARS-CoV-2 virus using a nasal swab for sample collection. This kind of testing is widely used by laboratories, including the CDC, to help diagnose COVID-19.
Once your order is complete, your package will be shipped from our fulfillment warehouse within 1-2 business days (Monday - Friday). We estimate that you will receive your package within 2-5 business days of placing your order. You also have the option of purchasing expedited shipping to your home for an additional fee. Kits that are ordered Friday through Sunday will not be shipped until the following week.
In order to get your sample to our labs as quickly as possible, we provide a prepaid UPS shipping label. Results are typically available within 72 hours after the lab begins processing the sample. All labs processing COVID-19 tests are operating Monday-Saturday. You will receive an email when your results are ready. You can find more information about the process here.
While we have done everything we can to make the process as quick and easy as possible, please keep in mind that shipping times have been unpredictable recently (you can find more about this on the USPS and UPS websites). If you are concerned that your schedule is too tight to allow for unforeseen delays, we recommend that you check your local government’s website for other testing resources.
Like our other products, the Everlywell COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit will come with everything you need to collect a sample at home (generally in five minutes or less) and safely ship your sample to a CLIA-certified laboratory.
You will use the provided materials to collect a nasal swab sample. The swab tip does not need to be inserted far—only about an inch into your nostril. Please refer to our video and print instructions for more information.
In order to get your sample to our labs as quickly as possible, we provide a prepaid UPS shipping label. We strongly recommend that you deposit your sample in a UPS drop box before the last pick up of the day. Additionally, UPS drop boxes do not operate on weekends.
Customers who do not use a dropbox or deposit their sample on the weekend may experience a delay in shipping which can result in delayed results or sample expiration. You can find drop box locations on the UPS website.
YOUR SAMPLE WILL BE REJECTED IF:
- The swab is not in the tube with the saline solution
- The tube is not sealed and in the biohazard bag
- The sample expires before it the lab is able to process it (5-7 days from collection).
Results are typically available within 72 hours after the lab begins processing the sample. All labs processing COVID-19 tests are operating Monday-Saturday. You will receive an email when your results are ready.
You should receive emails confirming your order, shipment to you (with tracking number), delivery to you, registration, delivery to the lab (with tracking number), and a final email when your results are ready. Once your kit has been registered, you should also be able to track processing at the lab on your dashboard. However, due to the increase in volume and rapid turnaround time, email notifications and dashboard updates may be delayed.
We recommend making a note of your tracking number on the shipping label so you can track your sample through the UPS website. If you have questions about your shipping status, please reach out to:
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
The criteria prioritizes people who are:
- Currently experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- Think you may have been exposed to COVID-19
If you’re experiencing severe symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, seek medical attention right away. The CDC recommends calling your healthcare provider or facility to let them know that you may have COVID-19 which will help them to take steps to keep others from being exposed.
At this time we are only able to offer testing for those 18 years and older. Please see our FAQ here.
- Currently have severe symptoms that limit your daily activities. Seek medical attention right away if this is the case.
- Do not have symptoms and have not been exposed to COVID-19.
Once your test is completed, Everlywell will provide an itemized receipt that will contain the information you will need to apply for reimbursement directly from your health insurance provider. Learn more about reimbursement and read the federal guidelines here.
- What does the COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit measure?
- How quickly will I get my COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit and results?
- Can I use my COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit results for travel purposes?
- How do I collect my COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit sample from home?
- How can I track the status of my COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit order and results?
- Additional COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kits FAQs
- General Coronavirus Information
- How to collect my COVID-19 Test sample (with video)
- COVID-19 Test for Healthcare Providers