As Seen On ABC'S Shark Tank
What is the HbA1c Panel?
Our HbA1c test is a blood spot sample test that measures your average blood glucose level (blood sugar) over the past 3 months.
Red blood cells have a lifespan of about 3 months but are constantly renewing within the body. Glucose attaches itself to hemoglobin, which is a protein found in red blood cells that carry oxygen throughout the body. Our HbA1c test measures this glucose to give you an overall look at your blood sugar level over a 3 month period.
Blood sugar levels tested as a single glucose measurement, like with home glucose monitoring, can vary significantly throughout the day based on many factors, including a recent meal or physical activity. A better representation of average blood sugar levels is HbA1c.
How It Works
- Order a HbA1c test; a home collection test kit is delivered to your doorstep.
- The test order is reviewed by an independent physician.
- Complete a simple blood spot sample collection.
- Mail back to our certified lab partner (pre-paid shipping label included).
- Receive your results on our secure platform within days.
Possible Symptoms of Diabetes
What guidance will I get with my results?
EverlyWell can provide suggestions for lifestyle changes to jumpstart a healthier lifestyle. As always, we encourage you to share your results with your doctor, who can provide more specific guidance on lifestyle changes.
- Elevated Blood Sugar
- Sugar Cravings
- Increased Thirst
- Blurry Vision
- Changes in Weight
- Frequent Urination
- Difficulty Concentrating